25 December 2007

Remembering a Pup

I lost my beloved doggie today. He had recently acquired a stomach infection and couldn't seem to shake it. I found his lifeless body on the floor as I walked in from being gone most of the day doing last minute holiday shopping. A measure of guilt came across me, and I realized there was nothing that I could have done to keep him here a moment longer, I just wish I had been with him when he took his last little breath. Just shy of his 5th birthday he was a joy to me and my family. I am deeply saddened by his passing. My family took it the hardest. My dog had the personality of an actual person (I know people say that about there pets all the time) and the energy of an atlete. He was always on the move. Well, it's still a happy Christmas and I thank God for the moments I got to spend with my lil' Prince.

No comments: