04 February 2008

Flashback Video: Keith Sweat


Oooh! I love Keith Sweat and all that whining and begging. His production was off the hook back in the day was some of the best of the New Jack Swing era which he helped to pioneer along with other such as Bobby Brown and Johnny Gill. This is my paternal grandmother's song right here. I remember being a little kid when this first came out and my grandma had just purchased a beautiful brand new luxury car with an unbelievable sound system. At the time this song came out my grandma was in her early 60's and whenever I was in the car with her she'd play this song over and over again. She wore the cassette out so bad that we replaced it three times and finally had to get her the cd.

While visiting her recently, I decided to listen to some music with her since in old age she's become much more of an introverted you have to pull conversations out of her. As soon as I put on this song my grandma's eyes instantly had a sparkle to them and by the end of the song my grandma had a tear come down her cheek. I didn't ask her what's wrong, I allowed her to enjoy her moment. It was one of the most personal moments I've had with my grandma. Thanks Keith.

No comments: